Happy Birthday


 I know it's just another day, it may not even be special for everyone, but for me it represents everyday living, where in my chest, in a unique place, there is your place... simply yours.

In that place I imagine your smiles, your anxieties, your doubts and even your ambitions. I imagine your nostalgia, your frustrations and your dark side of the moon. I imagine your debates at school, your conversations with your friends and your worries. I even imagine your imagination that may lead you to the idealization of your goals, and maybe it will help you to better understand your enigmas, which one day you will surely solve, when Sherlock Holmes inspires you, although I think you will never need such inspiration because I imagine that you like to positively, to influence yourself, and I'm glad. 

So much imagination on my part, when in a little corner of my chest I keep the greatest of certainties, YOUR EXISTENCE, of which I am very proud. I keep the memories of a boy who fifteen years ago asked me, Why Dad? I was speechless, but I still had time, already a little away, to answer you, because I love you.

This love is eternal, resisted the cold, the heat, the rain, the wind and even the distance, and here I am Gabriel to be by your side always, as I always did, the way I could, because like yesterday, today is the first day of your future.

I wouldn't be the same person if I didn't have you, and I want to keep having you in my chest, the place where only you fit.

I know it's just another day, among so many, lived with the same thought.

Happy birthday Gabriel.

With love

Your father 

Eduardo


Eduardo Mesquita



Comentários