Happy Eighteenth Birthday




I know, it's just another day in your life. Being eighteen is no more important than being seventeen years old, or less important than being nineteen. Your responsibilities won't be greater today than they were yesterday, your character and attitude won't change just because another day, a week, or even a year has passed. Your life will continue, according to your ideas, your ambitions and your will.
Of course I would like to be closer to you, so that I can enjoy your company, so that I can know the cause of your joys, what makes you smile and move so much, so that I can know the cause of your sadness and what makes you stand still, so that I can know why you want so much to feel life from so early on, from those who want you so much and love you, but...you know I think you are on the right way although I worry, I think you have a lot of courage, although I am afraid of your youth and the distance, I think you will win because I feel that you do everything with determination and much more important, with conviction.
But that doesn't mean that because you're eighteen, you won't need your parents' and grandparents' advice anymore, you won't need to tell them where and with whom you're going, because I know that the path is just yours, but I also know that on that path you'll never be alone. You will always have a light in front of you that will show you the best way. That light will have as its source your perception and intelligence that will lead your yearnings to the place where you want to go. But in your back there will be another invisible light that sometimes you will not see, but that will always be present...the light of those who want to be sure that you are following the right path and who will want to help you whenever necessary...your parents.
Today is your eighteenth birthday, and as I always say on your birthday because I know me, it is eighteen years ago that I was the happiest man in the world, and since then I only have to thank God for having an amazing daughter like you.

Happy Birthday, Isabel Maria

Daddy
Eduardo.

Comentários